Shyness can come across as modesty. Shy man avoids being the center of attention. Shyness can be “adorable” and appealing to the opposite sex. While it might seem like women want the confident guy who thinks he’s God’s gift to womankind, many ladies love shy quiet guy that listens more than he speaks — and thinks twice before speaking at all. This is partly true; shyness can be attractive, but of course, too much of anything is never good.
Women also like the challenge of cracking open the reserved guy. We know there’s a wild animal lurking inside that innocent guy who is hiding behind a smile. It’s common for women to take pride in successfully breaking a guy out of his shell and making him wild for her eyes only.
Some men claim that they love being chased by women. Historically, it has always been the other way around: men chased women. And let me tell you: women love being chased by men. Of course, I am not speaking on behalf of all women. I always express my personal opinion and opinion of those women I happen to know personally. But I know a lot of women.
Do shy men enjoy being shy? As far as I know, they don’t. Most shy people would shed their shyness in an instant if they could. Some people say, that shedding shyness is harder than quitting smoking or drinking. If it was easy to get rid of shyness, there wouldn’t be any shy people in the world.
One of the reasons for shyness is fear of rejection. Can people always expect to be accepted and admired? No, it’s not realistic. Dealing with rejection, finding ways to be accepted, to be appealing to the opposite sex – this is the fact every person, a man or a woman, has to come to terms with.
Are YOU a Shy Man?
Ask yourself some of these questions. Also gather some friends and ask them to tell you what they think about you. These are the questions:
- Are you a confident person?
- Do you feel hesitant approaching someone of opposite sex to compliment him/her?
- Do you get flustered if a pretty woman approaches you?
- Have you had many dates?
- Do you fear rejection?
- Do your friends think you are shy?
- Do you envy your friends who approach women without hesitation?
- Do you day-dream about making many friends with the opposite sex?
Snap Out Of It!
Being shy can become downright annoying after a while. How do you get over being shy and overcome social anxiety? There are hundreds of manuals and tips about it written. My personal advice: snap out of it! Oh, yes, it’s easier said then done. Nevertheless:
- Find a girl you are attracted to.
- Find out what she likes. Are you interested in the same things she is? If the answer is ‘yes’, that creates a common background and makes it easier to start a friendship/relationship.
- Take a deep breath, approach the girl and start talking to her about something that interests both of you.
- Order a T-Shirt and write ‘Shy Man Fighting Shyness! Help Me! Love Me!’. These words will put a smile on any woman’s face. A smile – what a way to start a relationship!
Is she showing you signs of interest? Not yet? Try again. Pay attention to her, make efforts. Women love attention and they love to be chased and flirted with.